Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Let Children be Children




I loved animals when I was a little girl. I could not imagine my dad ever telling me he was going to teach me to kill the rabbits for fun, or "sport" as some hunters call it. This would have forced me to suppress what I naturally felt, love for all sentient beings. How very awful that would have been to rob me of what I needed to feel in order to fulfill another person's warped way of thinking-because of their lack of empathy. I am who I am today, because I was allowed to be me. Let children love the natural world and explore it for all it's worth on their own; because they want to. It's so very important for their growth into adulthood that you allow them to do this.

“Children must be taught how to think, not what to think.” -Margaret Mead